Daniella woke up earlier than usual this morning so we were hanging around coloring and drinking milk once Dan left for the day. Seeing him and the other chaplains lining up across the street for formation, Daniella and I put our shoes on and ran down the hallway to catch the elevator downstairs. We raced to the corner with our cameras over my shoulder to try to catch a glimpse of this part of training! It actually felt pleasant outside, temperature-wise... probably because it was before 7am. Below is a short video of all 4 platoons of chaplains reciting the Soldier's Creed. Out of all those chaplains (about 140 or so) only about 11-12 of them are actually going active duty... the rest are reserve chaplains and/or chaplain candidates still enrolled in seminary.
I took a longer video of them marching up the hill chanting, but I'm having trouble uploading it unfortunately (I think it might be too big a file). If I can, I'll post it asap.
No comments:
Post a Comment