Tuesday, June 07, 2011

I hear you God

Ever feel like the same message keeps popping up in your life?  I can recall certain specific moments in my life when God pointedly asked me the same question of whether I was going to follow His leading.  In high school, I keenly sensed God guiding me to live/learn in a Christian environment so I chose to apply to only Christian colleges.  During my time as a student at Gordon College, there was a specific message in a chapel service in which Jill Briscoe explained greatness as God sees it and then gave us the opportunity to stand if we wanted to commit to that kind of life.  I stood, strongly sensing I had to but not fully understanding why.  In more recent years as Dan and I have prayed and taken steps towards military chaplaincy, God's been clear about 2 things... go army specifically and don't be afraid.  "Trust me, step out." 

Right before Dan got the call that he was accepted for active duty army, I had purchased Max Lucado's book "Fearless."  Perfect timing.  I've been chipping away at it slowly wanting to really take it all in.  Today Daniella and I went to PWOC's (Protestant Women of the Chapel) summer bible study, and they're doing John Ortberg's book "If You Want to Walk on Water, You Have to Get Out of the Boat."  If you haven't read it, you can just imagine what this book is about by the title.  Again, perfect timing.  Is God trying to tell me something?  Prepare me for something?  I want to be ready, ready to step out, to not be afraid, to trust Him with whatever He allows in my path.  I don't want to get through this life, I want to find God's hand in every part of the journey and live it fully.  It sounds easy enough to say, doesn't it?  I just can't deny God's loving and knowing hand orchestrating all this because He cares about me. 

So no Daniella pics or videos in this post, just a good reminder to me of God's calling on my life specifically, as well as Dan's.  Thought I'd better jot all this down here as part of our journey and to give God the glory for all He does.  Thanks for reading :).

http://www.maxlucado.com/fearless/

http://www.christianbook.com/want-walk-water-youve-the-boat/john-ortberg/9780310228639/pd/28638

1 comment:

pallu said...

It's really hard to really trust and leave everything to Him, yet over and over again, it is evident that that's the prudent thing to do.